Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Week 5

I learned that I work very well in things that I like. I also learned about how well it is for me to talk to new people at work. I also realized how happy of a person I am. I knew that I have been motivated to succeed and become a certain person, but didn't realize how optimistic and generally happy I am. I especially learned this through the waybook posts and at work.

I realized that I don't really pay that much attention to my income and expenses. I never really spend a bunch of money often on random things, but I noticed that I tend to buy snacks and lunches too often when I could be saving up my money for necessary things that might come in the future.

Through my work, I learned a huge amount of valuable career related information. I saw that processes through which buildings are designed, calculated for natural disaster preventions, and built. I also so how it would be to work in a structural engineering office and the setting that came with it. I noticed through my job how easy it was for me to talk to my new coworkers and with clients when I went on field inspections. I also became a lot more familiar with using Google related sites such as; slides, sites, and docs.

I realize now looking back at this experience how grateful and lucky I am for being able to have such a good learning experience this summer. I was able to go to a job where I learned a lot of things related to the career that I have been wanted since middle school. I realize how lucky I am to be able to have the freedom to go to a job environment and gain an upper hand not only with putting this experience on resumes and applications, but an upper hand with all the knowledge gained this summer.

1 comment:

  1. yay you're happy! I agree with spending most of the money ! spend on food

    ReplyDelete