Thursday, July 2, 2015

Week 2 Homework

Because I have not yet started my internship with this program, I am going to write about an internship that I have had in the past. This internship was with the Marin Humane Society. During my internship there, although everyone there was incredibly friendly and respectful, they had me do all of the dirty work because I was not in a particularly high position. This meant that I would clean out the dirty dog kennels and do the laundry(not for the employees, for the dog beds and stuff). Instead of seeing this as a waste of my time, I decided that it was an opportunity for me to show them that I was dedicated and wanted to not only complete my tasks, but that I wanted to do so thoroughly. It also gave me a chance to use my communication skills because when I was finished with a task, I didn't want to be disrespectful by asking if I had to do anything else, so instead I asked if there was anything else that they wanted me to do. Sometimes when the other employees would give me a task that they wanted me to do in a specific way, I wouldn't quite understand them, and knowing that they are very busy, I would try not to ask them a question to clarify because I felt as though it would have been rude, which is something in the area of communication where I could have done better.

3 comments:

  1. I liked how you decided to work harder and go above and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you asked if there was more that you could do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to ask questions, especially if they are questions about what you can do for your internship. Showing dedication is very important.

    ReplyDelete