Friday, July 17, 2015

Blog # 4

The total of my future expenses each year are $102,700.  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information were adults who had experience with making these kinds of payments.

According to College Atlas, I can likely count on making $ 75,100 each year in my future job as a clinical psychologist. My education/training to get that job will cost $41,901 total for all years of training.

I want to save $1,000  for my rainy day fund each year, and $2,500 for retirement each year.  If I save $2,500 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have  $100,000 plus interest.

Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think that I need to either find a job that pays more money, find a way to cut back my expanses, or try hard to work my way up into a higher position.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good plan! A way to cut expenses is splitting rent with roomates, or sometimes you can fnid one room for rent in smoeones house. Also if you buy your grocieries and don't eat out it'll save a lot of money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a smart retirement plan, and if you are passionate stick with that career! You will definitely successfully save and support yourself with the right plan and spending habits. Many people are able to cut back on expenses or split them with others like Bente suggested.

    ReplyDelete