Sunday, July 26, 2015

Blog #5: Graditude

I am grateful for many things. I am grateful for the life I live, considering I have a roof over my head and a family who cares about me I would say I have a lot to be grateful for. I have access to some very amazing opportunities, such as the internship I participated in this summer. Interning at Earthscope Media has been very enjoyable. I really enjoyed learning how to edit audio, and having to do all the research was really eye opening. In the career management class this summer I appreciate that we can walk away from it with a really good start on a resume and other skills that will help us with future careers. I think that if I did not involve myself in this experience this summer, I would have spent more time goofing off. I'm happy that I didn't spend my summer doing nothing and instead put myself in a new and exiting experience which I gained a lot of knowledge from.

I didn't learn a lot of new information about myself since I already knew most of the basic strengths and weaknesses that I posses. It was interesting to write about myself over Waybook, since I don't usually talk about my strengths and successes. In the career management class I learned a lot of how to network myself so that I can set myself up for a better and more successful future. I also learned how to use the new websites that were introduced to me, such as Blogger,and Waybook.

In my internship at Earthscope Media I learned and developed on my communication skills. I think that people interaction skills are some of the most important skills for everyone to have, so I found myself really enjoying doing the interviews. I also think it was rewarding to do all the research that we did since it taught me a lot about the environment I was not aware of. Overall I think that the internship and career management class gave me a great experience that helped me grow as a person and gave me many skills that I can use in the future looking for jobs or other internships.

2 comments:

  1. I would have definitely done nothing if it weren't for this internship, so definitely agree! It was great getting to know you in class and through the internship. It was fun being able to meet with you guys every week, while learning new things about the environment. Good luck with whatever you hope to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see that you are grateful for what many people take for granted everyday. Your internship seemed really nice and it's a good thing you were able to do it this summer.

    ReplyDelete