Monday, July 20, 2015

Future Finances

  • The total of my future expenses each year are about $55,000.  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are this link and this link.
  • According to this link I can likely count on making $64,000 each year in my future job as an environmental scientist.  My education/training to get that job will cost $80-120,000 total for all years of training.
  • I want to save $1,000 for my rainy day fund each year, and $2,000 for retirement each year.  If I save $2,000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $70,000 plus interest.
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think about how much I still have to learn about finances! It is really intimidating to think about all the money I will have to spend in my lifetime just to make ends meet.

2 comments:

  1. I think you've got a great plan ahead of you. Be sure to keep your money away from useless junk food and other items of simple entertainment and you'll have plenty of money left over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. environmental science will make you a nice amount of money

    ReplyDelete