Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Week 4 Blog

  • The total of my future expenses each year is about $60,000 in result of my college education and training, and I will be making around $70,000 a year, leaving me $10,000 for other important factors like taxes and food.
  • According to Salary.com I can likely count on making $70,000 each year in my future job as a Civil/Mechanical Engineer. My education/training to get that job will cost $60,000 total for all years of training.
  • I want to save $400 for my rainy day fund each year, and $1,000 for retirement each year.  If I save $4,000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $192,000 plus interest.
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think about how I need to spend less money on worthless items such as expensive video games and junk food, and instead I should try saving up as much as I can per year.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you have a solid financial plan started. I agree with you - save up as much money as you can now to make your life a little easier down the road. Every penny counts. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete