Monday, July 6, 2015

Applying Work Readiness

The skill I have used most in the past two weeks of my internship is literacy. My "project" is to help the Agricultural Institute of Marin (AIM) get customers to correctly divide their trash. I wrote up a proposal on what I saw at various farmers markets and what I thought should be done about it. I learned that a formal write-up is an impressive and effective way for me to communicate. For me, this was a big success. I was also very diligent. One side project I was assigned was research on grant deadlines for AIM's permanent market. I found every date I could as well as a few new grants AIM could apply for. I know my work was appreciated. I learned that if I do what I'm asked as well as I can, my efforts will be noticed.

I'm not entirely sure which category this falls under, but I believe it is dedication. Two weeks into my internship, I'm still intimidated by an adult workplace. I tend to shirk away from challenges, and don't put myself out there very much. This has limited the amount of important tasks I have been given. My second weakness is probably a lack of professionalism. While the office is pretty darn casual, I have been late a time or two. No one seems to really notice, but it causes me to be a little flustered upon my arrival.

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome that your were to put so much work into something that you believe in. Also, try to challenge yourself more. Even if you try something and fail, your colleagues will probably recognize that you are working hard and trying to push yourself which help you to gain their respect.

    ReplyDelete