Monday, July 20, 2015

Blog Post #4- Budget

  • The total of my future expenses each year are $62,010.  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are my parents and other adults that that have experienced many years of budgeting and living expenses.This includes food, clothing, insurance, rent, utilities, and transportation. I used this source to get most of my information.
  • According to US News I can likely count on making $96,140 each year in my future job as a veterinarian.  My education to get that job will cost $131,000 total for all years of training because I need to go through four years of veterinary school.
  • I want to save $3,000 for my rainy day fund each year, and $25,000 for retirement each year. If I save $25,000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $975,000 plus interest. 
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think that I need to be careful at what I spend my money on because my expenses are only going to go up as I have children  to care for and other expenses. I makes me realize that you should start saving for retirement and other future costs at a young age because that will make it a lot easier to live when you are older. There are a lot of expenses that you kind of forget about when budgeting, which is why it is important to work out all your expenses and plan for the future.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you will be very prepared for your retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like school will cost a lot of time and money, but as long as you want to be a vet it'll be worth it. Also, there is a lot of money going into retirement for you, but I guess you can get away with it with your high salary.

    ReplyDelete