Sunday, July 12, 2015

Blog #2


My strength in the work readiness skill of professionalism has really shown as I am always arrive to my internship on time on the days I am supposed to come in. I even arrive about 10 minutes early each day so that I don't have to rush in and I have plenty of time to get ready for the day. This has served me well at my internship because it makes everyone else in the work place view me as a professional that is dedicated to my internship. It has allowed for all the employees at VCA Madera Pet Hospital to respect me and they can always rely on me to be there and ready to work. At the pet hospital there are also many different medical terms and processes that I have been learning about. When I first started the internship, there were a lot of unfamiliar terms that I was hearing, but I used my diligence and dedication to listen actively and ask questions about things I wasn't familiar with. This has allowed me to learn a lot throughout these first three weeks of my internship. It has allowed my to make the most of this opportunity.

One thing that I feel like I still need to improve is being comfortable working among adults that are very experienced in their field of work. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable and would like to improve my communication skills. I need to improve my ability to communicate with adults with ease. Sometimes I hesitate to tell others that I don't understand because I don't want to bother them. Therefore, I would like to improve my honesty and communication skills, so I will feel more comfortable asking questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment